3/22/2014

old projects..


Ghost particle

My habit of understanding waste, and recycled materials as a potential parts for new creations, led me to deeper research about matter itself. Since everything that is surrounding me is made out of the same matter, even my body.

As all of those objects were not so lucky to reach a possibility to express their thought or even know anything about their existence, along I came.
This little cube (made out of darken wood), is connected to translation machine, giving itself a chance to display its thoughts on the little LCD installed above it.
With this piece I am representing my way of understanding objects as an unfinished lifeforms, that are simplified by the way as they are, awaiting to be re assembled and create something bigger, but never about to get a chance to become alive.
I used a piece of wood, as a main object in this work, since for me it was the most familiar object and such a fundamental building material.

All the stuff used in this artwork, are reused materials: wood, electronics, plexi, glue, metal.
* * *
my thoughts about it: 
-seeing potential in every piece of dead and alive tissue of the world I understand as matter
- experiment of Miller Urey (it is possible to create life forms from simple chemicals)
=
We, humans are made out of not organic chemistry, changed into organic one, however by experiment of Miller Urey - I can say that it is possible to recreate a life from non organic chemistry. This simple FACT is putting alive objects closer to their ‘dead’ neighbours.
The whole so called ‘miracle of creation’ or ‘god’ intervention, is an illusion, encountered in the everyday society. Also the fact that we are alive right now, is an positive result on complicated calculation of joining elements of non organic chemistry in order to create an working, moving and thinking machines - our bodies. We exist only because we were lucky enought to be in the special conditions like temperature, gravity etc..
BUT the only reason why we are able to think and being alive AND notice it, is the fact that WE DO.  -> Then how can we be sure that the simple stone on the ground does not have its own feelings by itself? Not understand in the same way that we know thinking?
I came to the conclusion that we are limited only by our own way of thinking and the comparable way of understanding the environment around us.
***

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz