3/22/2014

sound trace old project

Sound Trace

As usually photographic film is able to record and express only the images, I decided to do an experiment that will add a new medium - sound.
I managed to built a machine that is able to merge those two, creating an opportunity to explore both of media at once. However the piece also represent the third medium which is medium, that came in between of those last two’s.  
Used piece of film, is describing an piece of common day on the streets of Canterbury, filled with many different people. A photographic film, that is responding about the everyday life in this example.
Materials used: film, metal, wood, glue, magnet, coil, wires.



* * *
my thoughts:
a Film composite sound I was experimenting with bringing two medias together, as audio and images.
I understand that it is close to the invention of movie. however, it not the purpose to make the images move, it is the opposite.

=

I found myself enjoying recording the sound same as taking pictures, even though instead of capturing the perfect spot with my eyes i needed to try to find one with my ears. Also I needed to remember the image to connect those two together.
It is a new experience for me, and I will continue this kind of method in the future.
- this work is just an example showing that it is possible to make it done.
        ***

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz